- 00 Days
- 00 Hours
- 00 Minutes
- 00 Seconds
After Fundraising 101, You Will Be Able To:
○ Find the right investors and that warm intro for a meeting.
○ Include the right things in your pitch deck and 5-year forecast.
○ Navigate a technical conversation on 3 venture deal types: Convertible Notes, SAFEs and Priced Rounds.
○ Identify the 7 Key Deal Terms to focus on to keep as much equity and control in your company as possible.
○ Push the deal to closing and start building.
Fundraising 101 is an 8-hour course, broken down into four 2-hour segments:
Session 1: The Basics
- Foundational Concepts: Debt vs Equity, Cap Table, Angel vs VC
- Deal Sequencing: basic patterns in early series of fundraising
- Key Players in the Venture Ecosystem: Family, Friends, Angels, VC’s, Crowdfunding, Lenders
- Key Resources: To build relationships, to stay current in your industry, to learn how to find investors and raise
Session 2: Preparing For Your Raise
- Tapping Alternative Sources of Capital: Grants, Loans, Crowdfunding, Pre-Sale Campaigns
- Founder Mindset: What to expect while raising money
- Prep Before You Step: Investor Target List, Pitch Deck, 5-Year Forecast, Data Room
- Timeline: The Pitch Process
Session 3: Seed Stage Fundraising
- Terms of the Convertible Note
- Terms of the SAFE
- Pro Forma Cap Table: Your tool to predict your equity outcome
- The 7 Drivers of Your Financial Outcome
Session 4: Series A Stage Fundraising
- Terms of the Priced Round (Convertible Preferred Shares)
- Economics vs Control in a Priced Round
- How Employee Stock Options Plans Work
- Managing Investor Relations & The Exit
January 23-26, 2023
February 27-March 2, 2023
March 27-30, 2023
May 1-4, 2023
June 12-15, 2023